Progena is a recognised non-profit swiss foundation whose purpose is to provide to affected people and their families information about the disease, its evolution and the medical research. The Swiss Duchenne Foundation Progena is a patient organisation, member of the World Duchenne Organisation (WDO).
Progena’s purpose is the following:
- Organise conferences for parents, patients, doctors, therapists and any other interested people
- Organise events on the World Duchenne Annual Day (WDAD), September 9, to raise awareness about the Duchenne disease
- Maintain collaboration with doctors and pharmaceutical companies
- Be an information platform for the patients and their families (website, Facebook, Instagram)
- Support the Swiss Duchenne and Becker Patients Registry in Switzerland
- Represent Switzerland internationally as a Duchenne Patient Organisation